Who is Keck & Wood – Our Origins:
Since its founding in 1954, Keck & Wood has continued the traditions of engineering excellence and commitment to exemplary service established by our founders, Wylly Keck and Tom Wood.
Across the decades, the firm has grown from a small civil engineering firm into a regional infrastructure practice across Georgia, through the development of value-added services for its clients. After all, local governments already trusted Keck & Wood to provide quality service and sensible solutions.
During the 1950’s the firm established a transportation practice serving communities like Gainesville, Cordele, Dublin and Georgia Institute of Technology. Keck & Wood received its first Georgia DOT Qualifications back in 1979. Today, we continue to enjoy successful collaborations with GDOT and many county and local transportation groups.
From the 1950’s to 1990’s Keck & Wood contributed to the busy growth of Metro Atlanta through various projects, including the development of MARTA’s tunnel system, and the regional airport network. To keep up with the region’s rapid population growth, Keck & Wood added expertise in water, stormwater, wastewater and sewer systems.
All of our growth and expansion is a direct extension of being a trusted advisor to our clients. A foundational element in our history that is still the hallmark of our business today.