Our Place in the Community Goes Far Beyond the Office Walls
Keck & Wood has a long history of volunteer work, and gives employees time off, up to eight hours a year, for their service. Like our vocation, our avocation seeks to have a positive impact on the lives of people throughout the communities we work and live in, and beyond.
All Keck & Wood employees are invited to join their colleagues in supporting the many organizations and efforts the firm is involved with throughout the year.
- Button Down Dash 5K and 10K Races. Lace up your running shoes, sponsor a runner, or help out at the race. Each year, proceeds are given to a different charitable organization.
- Canathon for 11Alive. The goal of the can drive is to collect enough food to stock Salvation Army food pantries for an entire year.
- Families for Families. Parents are given the tools to engender the values of love and service in their children. An important part of this effort is connecting U.S. families with East African families through Care for AIDs.
- From Hunger to Hope. Along with raising awareness of world hunger, the organization sets the goal of packing 1 million meals each year.
- Introduce a Girl to Engineering. The aim is to inspire girls to learn they have a place in engineering a better world.
- Rolling in Rock Hill. Volunteers paint the houses of homeowner who are financially or physically unable to do it themselves.
- Safe Passage Annual Fundraiser. Safe Passage provides safe houses and other aid to women and children who are victims of domestic violence. An annual outdoor BBQ helps raise money for the organization.
- Sweep the Hooch. One day a year, volunteers to come together to remove tons of trash along a hundred mile stretch of the Chattahoochee River.