Project Manager – Traffic Studies
Atlanta Metro (Duluth, GA)
Founded in 1954, Keck + Wood, Inc. is a growing and dynamic employee-owned consulting firm with four offices in Georgia and South Carolina. Our 60+ employees serve Community Development, Transportation and Utility clients across the southeast by providing quality engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and land surveying.
Today, Keck & Wood offers great opportunities for individuals interested in Engineering, Landscape Architecture or Planning to join our team and make a difference.
“Collaboration By Design” is not just a tagline, it is the foundation of how Keck + Wood serves clients, improves communities, and strengthens its employees.
Challenging and rewarding opportunities are here….are you ready?
As the foremost representative of Keck & Wood to a client, Project Managers are on the leading edge of management, relationship building and mentoring to achieve consistent project successes. The project manager for traffic studies will be responsible for GDOT, local government and private client projects. Responsibilities will include project management, business development, client management, staff management and mentoring. Project assignments would include completion of all types of traffic studies including, but not limited to, traffic impact studies, corridor studies, safety studies and operational improvements studies. The right candidate will have the skills and experience to address the following tasks:
- Manage scope, schedule, budget and client expectations
- Coordinate with clients, consultants, and design staff as needed
- Prepare monthly invoicing, internal & external progress reports, etc.
- Build and maintain sufficient work backlog for staff utilization
- Research & network with current and prospective clients, identify business opportunities
- Network with consultants, develop beneficial teaming relationships
- Craft proposals which define scope, schedule, labor hours & fees; coordinate with sub-consultants on scope and fee. Negotiate fees with clients
- Attend conferences & actively participate in professional organizations
- Connect with clients through consistent visits and touchpoints
- Attend functions, and serve on committees with clients
- Assist clients with unforeseen needs that can help advance projects or initiatives
- Perform annual reviews for assigned staff, set growth goals & objectives
- Recommend staff pay adjustments and advancements
- Mentor (or providing mentoring) for junior-level staff
- Keep current & provide team training on design trends, regulations, codes, etc.
Keck & Wood prides itself on providing unsurpassed service and care as Trusted Advisors to clients, and the project manager for traffic studies position is perfect for someone who wants to make a lasting difference through transportation design projects.
The right skills….for your success!
We’re looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- BS Civil Engineering degree, or equivalent
- Five years plus of experience in Traffic Engineering
- Georgia PE certification, required or immediate reciprocity ability
- Experience with Traffic Engineering software (Synchro, HCS, Sidra, etc)
- Experience with GDOT programs is desirable
- Experience with local clients on transportation projects is desirable
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; ability to thrive on a team
- Ability to embody our brand by treating clients and employees with courtesy and respect
Work is primarily performed in an office environment with occasional travel to project sites for construction review and contract administration. Fieldwork involves exposure to weather, traffic, and loud noise and requires extensive walking over uneven surfaces and various terrains.
Our goal is to make you successful in work…and in life!
Keck & Wood provides a culture for you to thrive, instead of just collecting a paycheck. From team outings to company events, we provide opportunities for you to connect with others in the company on both a professional and personal level. Our flex schedule attitude helps you achieve a suitable work-life balance to grow your career, without having to give up your life to do it.
Supporting our competitive pay, our compensation packages can also include 401(k) contribution match, spot bonuses, performance-based incentive pay, and our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Benefits can provide peace of mind to focus on your career, so our packages typically include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off for sick & vacation leave, paid time off for eligible volunteer service, and more.
Visit our website for a full list of compensation opportunities and benefit options to grow your career and build your life.
Looking to build your career…talk to us!
Visit our Careers section on the website, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume, area of interest, and preferred geographic location.
Keck & Wood, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, age, genetic information or any other classifications protected under federal, state or local law. We ensure nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Human Resources, at 678-417-4000 or email@example.com.
With our steady growth and “Pathways to Success” advancement mindset, the right candidate has incredible career potential at Keck + Wood. If today is the day to give your career the boost it needs, please contact us!