Survey Project Manager
Charlotte Metro (Rock Hill, SC)
Founded in 1954, Keck + Wood, Inc. is a growing and dynamic employee-owned consulting firm with four offices in Georgia and South Carolina. Our 60+ employees serve Community Development, Transportation and Utility clients across the southeast by providing quality engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and land surveying.
Today, Keck & Wood offers great opportunities for individuals interested in Engineering, Landscape Architecture or Planning to join our team and make a difference.
“Collaboration By Design” is not just a tagline, it is the foundation of how Keck + Wood serves clients, improves communities, and strengthens its employees.
Challenging and rewarding opportunities are here….are you ready?
Keck & Wood is seeking to add a Survey Project Manager to its survey operations team. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Surveyor or Survey Crew Chief to take that next step in their career by managing multiple small to large scale projects and supervising a team of professional surveyors and technicians. Qualified candidates will have the skills and ability to address the following:
- Planning, organizing and supervising general project surveying services for a variety of small to large scale projects
- Leading and coordinating a survey crew in the performance of boundary, ALTA, topographic, right-of-way acquisition, transmission line, transportation, and construction surveys utilizing the latest equipment and surveying technology
- Establishing and maintaining project priorities, budgets, and staff assignments to complete the necessary tasks and meet project deadlines
- Conduct courthouse research to collect right of way property information
- Review projects for financial and legal implications and sign and seal plans and easements as appropriate
- Review Company reports to monitor and measure productivity, maintain project schedules, and communicate necessary information with the team and client
- Manage marketing with clients and potential clients to obtain work for the Company
The right skills….for your success!
We’re looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED and a minimum eight (8) years’ directly related experience as a Professional Land Surveyor (or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
- Professional Land Surveyor License (PLS) required in South Carolina
- Strong working knowledge of the basic principles, techniques, and practices of land surveying and survey field procedures including boundary, topo, geodetic, GPS and construction surveying and the ability to read and understand deeds and plats
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of AutoCAD; Civil 3D; Total Stations; Utilization and familiarity of GPS receivers, robotic total stations, Trimble and Carlson data collectors; and similar software and the ability to quickly learn new programs
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software
- Physical ability to work outdoors in varying climate, temperature and site conditions and traverse across a variety of terrains
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record and the ability to pass a drug test
- Dependable & self-motivated
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills and the ability to work with individuals at all levels
- Ability to embody our brand by treating clients and employees with courtesy and respect
- Prior experience in Project Management and the ability to work outside the Charlotte metro area is a plus!
This position will work in a professional office environment and in the field.
Keck & Wood prides itself on providing unsurpassed service and care as Trusted Advisors to clients, and the survey services we perform are the foundation of their success.
Our goal is to make you successful in work…and in life!
Keck & Wood provides a culture for you to thrive, instead of just collecting a paycheck. From team outings to company events, we provide opportunities for you to connect with others in the company on both a professional and personal level. Our flex schedule attitude helps you achieve a suitable work-life balance to grow your career, without having to give up your life to do it.
Supporting our competitive pay, our compensation packages can also include 401(k) contribution match, spot bonuses, performance-based incentive pay, and our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Benefits can provide peace of mind to focus on your career, so our packages typically include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off for sick & vacation leave, paid time off for eligible volunteer service, and more.
Visit our website for a full list of compensation opportunities and benefit options to grow your career and build your life.
Looking to build your career…talk to us!
Visit our Careers section on the website, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume, area of interest, and preferred geographic location.
Keck & Wood, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, age, genetic information or any other classifications protected under federal, state or local law. We ensure nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Human Resources, at 678-417-4000 or email@example.com.
With our steady growth and “Pathways to Success” advancement mindset, the right candidate has incredible career potential at Keck + Wood. If today is the day to give your career the boost it needs, please contact us!