Student Internship & Co-Op Opportunities
Atlanta Metro (Duluth, GA) – Charlotte Metro (Rock Hill, SC) – Lowcountry (Charleston, SC) – Auburn, AL
Founded in 1954, Keck + Wood, Inc. is a growing and dynamic employee-owned consulting firm with four offices in Georgia and South Carolina. Our 60+ employees serve Community Development, Transportation and Utility clients across the Southeast by providing quality engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and land surveying.
Keck & Wood offers great opportunities for individuals interested in Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Planning, or Company Administrative Services to join our team during a summer internship or co-op program to gain professional experience.
“Collaboration By Design” is not just a tagline, it is the essential foundation of how Keck + Wood serves clients, improves communities, and strengthens its employees.
Challenging and rewarding opportunities are here….are you ready?
Co-Op’s will collaborate with experienced civil engineers, landscape architects, and planners who will provide guidance in applying your education to real world projects. Assignments could be in any of our markets including, but not limited to: transportation design, natural gas, water/wastewater, or community development. Project tasks can include a wide range of duties including:
- Contribute on design tasks & prepare documents using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation, GIS, and similar software packages.
- Develop and share data across teams, perform research assignments, capture meeting notes
- Utilize the “soft skills” of communication when collaborating in a professional environment
- Work on field crews to gather and/or verify information in various locations and environments
Why Co-Op With Keck & Wood?
Keck & Wood provides a culture for you to thrive. From team outings to company events, we provide opportunities for you to connect with others in the company on both a professional and personal level, in addition to:
- An opportunity to gain experience on both Public and Private projects
- Increased responsibility with each successive Co-Op term
- Exposure to different aspects and applications of civil engineering
- Direct access to Experienced Mentors – KW is not a mega-firm, meaning you will work alongside a talented mentor, as well as interact daily with experienced engineers, company principals, and market leaders – the study professionals who really care about clients & the engineering solutions they provide.
- Get Paid! – KW will cover reasonable co-op fees and provide progressive pay advancements for each return semester
- Be a part of the family! Attend team outings & company events, lunch & learns, volunteer opportunities, project site visits, etc.
Our Co-Op program’s mission is to help you be more successful in work, in order to advance and succeed in life!
The right skills….for your success!
We’re looking for Co-Op candidates with the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in a civil engineering or biosystems engineering program from an accredited college or university
- Responsible, with the ability to take directions to complete tasks or projects (with guidance)
- Experience with MS Office, Google Docs, or similar office programs
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation, and GIS software experience is a plus
- Growing written & verbal communication skills; ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to embody our brand by treating clients and employees with courtesy and respect
Work is primarily performed in an office environment with occasional travel to project sites for construction review and contract administration. Fieldwork involves exposure to weather, traffic, and loud noise, and requires extensive walking over uneven surfaces and various terrains.
Looking to build your career…talk to us!
Visit our Careers section on the website, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume, area of interest, and preferred geographic location.
Keck & Wood, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, age, genetic information or any other classifications protected under federal, state or local law. We ensure nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Human Resources, at 678-417-4000 or email@example.com.
With our experienced engineers providing mentorship through a “Pathways to Success” mindset, being a Co-Op at Keck & Wood can be a rewarding professional growth experience with post-graduation career growth opportunities to continue your success.
Click to download a .pdf of this career opportunity