Designer I – Roadway
Atlanta Metro (Duluth, GA)
Founded in 1954, Keck + Wood, Inc. is a growing and dynamic employee-owned consulting firm with four offices in Georgia and South Carolina. Our 60+ employees serve Community Development, Transportation and Utility clients across the southeast by providing quality engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and land surveying.
Today, Keck & Wood offers great opportunities for individuals interested in Engineering, Landscape Architecture or Planning to join our team and make a difference.
“Collaboration By Design” is not just a tagline, it is the foundation of how Keck + Wood serves clients, improves communities, and strengthens its employees.
Challenging and rewarding opportunities are here….are you ready?
The roadway designer will be responsible for developing GDOT and local government roadway design projects. Working closely with experienced project managers and staff engineers, Project assignments include the design of high-speed highways, major road widenings, intersection improvements and safety projects. The right candidate will have the skills and ability to address the following:
- Perform assigned roadway design duties for successful delivery of projects
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of engineering through projects and challenges
- Get exposure to best practice methods with calculations and other necessary skills
- Build your knowledge of the rules and regulations that apply to roadway design
- Coordinate & report on project assignments with project manager and team members
- Learn how to identify tasks needed to complete an assignment
- Assist with development of internal software processes
- Visit work sites during design and construction phases – see projects come to life
- Enhance your time management, organization, communication, and team building skills
- Develop lifelong writing & research skills through reports, permit applications, etc.
This position can strengthen your career by growing your experience with complex roadway projects, and development of your project management skills.
The right skills….for your success!
We’re looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- BS in Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- Ability to obtain a Georgia PE certification is preferred
- Experience with Microstation, InRoads and OpenRoads software is preferred
- Exposure to or experience with GDOT design criteria
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects at one time
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; ability to thrive on a team
- Ability to embody our brand by treating clients and employees with courtesy and respect
Work is primarily performed in an office environment with occasional travel to project sites for construction review and contract administration. Fieldwork involves exposure to weather, traffic, and loud noise and requires extensive walking over uneven surfaces and various terrains.
As your experience and capabilities develop, our Pathways to Success provides opportunities to grow your skills, manage more complex tasks, enhance your client interaction skills, build your communication acumen, get more in-depth with the project life cycle (design, permitting, preparing construction documents, bidding, construction administration).
Our goal is to make you successful in work…and in life!
Keck & Wood provides a culture for you to thrive, instead of just collecting a paycheck. From team outings to company events, we provide opportunities for you to connect with others in the company on both a professional and personal level. Our flex schedule attitude helps you achieve a suitable work-life balance to grow your career, without having to give up your life to do it.
Supporting our competitive pay, our compensation packages can also include 401(k) contribution match, spot bonuses, performance-based incentive pay, and our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Benefits can provide peace of mind to focus on your career, so our packages typically include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off for sick & vacation leave, paid time off for eligible volunteer service, and more.
Visit our website for a full list of compensation opportunities and benefit options to grow your career and build your life.
Looking to build your career…talk to us!
Visit our Careers section on the website, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume, area of interest, and preferred geographic location.
Keck & Wood, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, age, genetic information or any other classifications protected under federal, state or local law. We ensure nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Human Resources, at 678-417-4000 or email@example.com.
With our steady growth and “Pathways to Success” advancement mindset, the right candidate has incredible career potential at Keck + Wood. If today is the day to give your career the boost it needs, please contact us!