Landscape Architect I
Charlotte Metro (Rock Hill, SC)
Founded in 1954, Keck + Wood, Inc. is a growing and dynamic employee-owned consulting firm with four offices in Georgia and South Carolina. Our 60+ employees serve Community Development, Transportation and Utility clients across the southeast by providing quality engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and land surveying.
Today, Keck & Wood offers great opportunities for individuals interested in Engineering, Landscape Architecture or Planning to join our team and make a difference.
“Collaboration By Design” is not just a tagline, it is the foundation of how Keck + Wood serves clients, improves communities, and strengthens its employees.
Challenging and rewarding opportunities are here….are you ready?
Entry level Landscape Architects are individuals who enjoy being part of a collaborative team, motivated to provide unsurpassed service to our clients, and build their career by working with team members across multiple practice groups to prepare conceptual to advanced design plans (schematic, design development, and construction level). Landscape Architects contribute to a wide variety of projects such as public parks, gardens, playgrounds, and public spaces. While working under the direct supervision of a more senior Landscape Architect, you will:
- Meet with clients, engineers, and architects to understand project requirements
- Visit project sites to evaluate and document opportunities and constraints
- Collaborate with the team to interpret project goals and develop conceptual plans that can be evaluated and advanced into final design
- Assist with zoning code research, land development regulation and plan research, and applying standards to design concepts
- Prepare site plan designs including grading design for landscape and hardscape features, planting and hardscape plans and details, specifications, studies, cost estimates, permit applications, and reports for various project types
- Work with project manager to establish & track schedules, deadlines, and budgets
- Prepare and review deliverables, renderings, plans, specifications, reports, and cost estimates using computer-aided design and drafting (CAD) and office software
- Inspect landscape project progress to ensure it adheres to plans
- Provide landscape architectural and planning expertise to internal and external engineering and project management teams
Our goal is to make you successful in work…and in life!
Keck & Wood provides a culture for you to thrive, instead of just collecting a paycheck. From team outings to company events, we provide opportunities for you to connect with others in the company on both a professional and personal level. Our flex schedule attitude helps you achieve a suitable work-life balance to grow your career, without having to give up your life to do it.
Supporting our competitive pay, our compensation packages can also include 401(k) contribution match, spot bonuses, performance-based incentive pay, and our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Benefits can provide peace of mind to focus on your career, so our packages typically include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off for sick & vacation leave, paid time off for eligible volunteer service, and more.
Visit our website for a full list of compensation opportunities and benefit options to grow your career and build your life.
The right skills….for your success!
We’re looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Planning or related field from an accredited college or university
- Registration as a Landscape Architect in the state of South Carolina or willingness to pursue registration
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3-D, SketchUp, Lumion, ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite; and the ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Strong design and graphic skills, both digital and hand drawn
- Ability to develop creative designs that are functional and aesthetically pleasing and understanding of landscape installation and construction methods
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Good communication and presentation skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively with clients and employees at all levels
- Responsible, ability to take directions and complete tasks or projects
- Experience with MS Office or Google Docs, or similar programs
- A desire to learn, challenge yourself, and work with a group to achieve a common goal
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; ability to thrive on a team
- Ability to embody our brand by treating clients and employees with courtesy and respect
Work is primarily performed in an office environment with occasional travel to project sites for construction review and contract administration. Fieldwork involves exposure to weather, traffic, and loud noise and requires extensive walking over uneven surfaces and various terrains.
If you’re looking for a career opportunity that provides hands-on experience, and the chance to be part of a team who is passionate about improving the community and safeguarding our natural environment, we want to connect with you!
Looking to build your career…talk to us!
Visit our Careers section on the website, or contact us via email at email@example.com. Include your resume, area of interest, and preferred geographic location.
Keck & Wood, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, age, genetic information or any other classifications protected under federal, state or local law. We ensure nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Human Resources, at 678-417-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
With our steady growth and “Pathways to Success” advancement mindset, the right candidate has incredible career potential at Keck + Wood. If today is the day to give your career the boost it needs, please contact us!