Engineer – Traffic Operations
Atlanta Metro (Duluth, GA)
Founded in 1954, Keck + Wood, Inc. is a growing and dynamic employee-owned consulting firm with four offices in Georgia and South Carolina. Our 60+ employees serve Community Development, Transportation and Utility clients across the southeast by providing quality engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and land surveying.
Today, Keck & Wood offers great opportunities for individuals interested in Engineering, Landscape Architecture or Planning to join our team and make a difference.
“Collaboration By Design” is not just a tagline, it is the foundation of how Keck + Wood serves clients, improves communities, and strengthens its employees.
Challenging and rewarding opportunities are here….are you ready?
Traffic Operations Engineers perform evaluations on both isolated signals and coordinated signal systems to develop improved signal timing plans benefitting overall traffic progression. Understands and follows all applicable local and state agency standards and guidelines. Other responsibilities include assisting other project managers with tasks from other sub-markets of Traffic Engineering and assisting in the technical development of junior level staff members and interns.
- Performs timing evaluations on isolated intersections and coordinated signal systems.
- Assists senior staff with signal timing development, implementation, and fine-tuning for isolated and coordinated signal systems.
- Attends client meetings and provides project updates to the project team. Coordinates project assignments with engineering team and technicians.
- Analyzes historical traffic data using available data platforms and develops/programs signal timings accordingly.
- Performs before and after studies on signal groups and prepares reports on observations and recommendations.
- Performs traffic signal studies on signalized and unsignalized intersections.
- Develops traffic signal design plans in accordance with local and state DOT standards.
- Provides ITS/Communications support to technicians/engineers within the group and local governing bodies.
- Assists in the development of traffic studies for both public and private clients.
- Assists in the development of traffic signal and ITS design plans in accordance with state and local DOT standards.
The right skills….for your success!
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or foreign equivalent and two years’ experience in traffic operations. Experience with traffic signal software (MaxTime/MaxView), Synchro/Sim Traffic, ATSPM and RITIS, MicroStation, and spreadsheet and word processing software is required. Position requires travel (up to 25%) including overnight, primarily in the Southeastern U.S. Resume to Susan Schimek / email@example.com 3090 Premiere Parkway, Suite 200, Duluth, GA 30097
Our goal is to make you successful in work…and in life!
Looking to build your career…talk to us!
Visit our Careers section on the website, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume, area of interest, and preferred geographic location.
Keck & Wood, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, age, genetic information or any other classifications protected under federal, state or local law. We ensure nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Human Resources, at 678-417-4000 or email@example.com.
With our steady growth and “Pathways to Success” advancement mindset, the right candidate has incredible career potential at Keck + Wood. If today is the day to give your career the boost it needs, please contact us!