Engineer II – Water / Wastewater Utilities
Atlanta Metro (Duluth, GA)
Founded in 1954, Keck + Wood, Inc. is a growing and dynamic employee-owned consulting firm with four offices in Georgia and South Carolina. Our 60+ employees serve Community Development, Transportation and Utility clients across the southeast by providing quality engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and land surveying.
Today, Keck & Wood offers great opportunities for individuals interested in Engineering, Landscape Architecture or Planning to join our team and make a difference.
“Collaboration By Design” is not just a tagline, it is the foundation of how Keck + Wood serves clients, improves communities, and strengthens its employees.
Challenging and rewarding opportunities are here….are you ready?
The civil project engineer for water | wastewater utilities position is for experienced civil engineers who design water distribution and wastewater collection systems. Assignments may include preliminary engineering reports, utility relocations, line extensions, line replacements, pumping, storage, hydraulic modeling, cost estimating, construction drawings, technical specifications, bidding administration, and construction administration. The right candidate will have the skills and experience to address the following tasks:
- Develop construction documents utilizing best practices, calculations and other engineering skills to support indicated scope, schedule, budget and client expectations
- Utilize your knowledge of codes, rules and regulations that apply to each project type
- Research and investigate technical data, Prepare reports, permit & funding applications
- Conduct site visits & address RFI’s pay applications, punchlists, and other construction administrative duties.
- Initiate communications with clients, consultants and internal design team
- Ability to supervise & mentor junior staff and lead small projects
- Assist project manager and marketing with building proposals, schedules & budgets
- Attend conferences & actively participate in professional organizations
- Support project manager with invoicing, progress reports, close out data, etc.
- Assist clients with unforeseen needs that can help advance projects or initiatives
The right skills….for your success!
We’re looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Professional License – EIT required, PE (or ability to obtain within 12 months)
- Minimum of three years of related A/E/C experience
- Proficient with Civil 3D, CAD, GIS and Office tools; be open to learn specialty software
- Experience with natural gas utility projects is a plus, but not a requirement
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; ability to thrive on a team
- Ability to embody our brand by treating clients and employees with courtesy and respect
Work is primarily performed in an office environment with occasional travel to project sites for construction review and contract administration. Fieldwork involves exposure to weather, traffic, and loud noise and requires extensive walking over uneven surfaces and various terrains.
Project engineers represent the core of our approach to providing design solutions to clients. They are at the center of the analysis, due diligence, troubleshooting, and development of solutions that grow and maintain infrastructure for our clients.
Our goal is to make you successful in work…and in life!
Keck & Wood provides a culture for you to thrive, instead of just collecting a paycheck. From team outings to company events, we provide opportunities for you to connect with others in the company on both a professional and personal level. Our flex schedule attitude helps you achieve a suitable work-life balance to grow your career, without having to give up your life to do it.
Supporting our competitive pay, our compensation packages can also include 401(k) contribution match, spot bonuses, performance-based incentive pay, and our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Benefits can provide peace of mind to focus on your career, so our packages typically include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid time off for sick & vacation leave, paid time off for eligible volunteer service, and more.
Visit our website for a full list of compensation opportunities and benefit options to grow your career and build your life.
Looking to build your career…talk to us!
Visit our Careers section on the website, or contact us via email at email@example.com. Include your resume, area of interest, and preferred geographic location.
Keck & Wood, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, age, genetic information or any other classifications protected under federal, state or local law. We ensure nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Human Resources, at 678-417-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
With our steady growth and “Pathways to Success” advancement mindset, the right candidate has incredible career potential at Keck + Wood. If today is the day to give your career the boost it needs, please contact us!