Traffic Signal Design Engineer
Keck & Wood is currently seeking a Traffic Signal Design Engineer for GDOT and local government traffic signal and ITS design projects. Responsibilities will include project delivery, staff training, mentoring, task management and existing client relationship management and can include project management, business development and client management. Project assignments would include design of traffic signals including communications plans, ITS design plans and helping with other types of traffic engineering projects. The Traffic Signal Design Engineer will work primarily in the office but will occasionally travel to project sites for construction review and contract administration. Field work may require working in inclement weather and walking extensively.
Project Delivery duties will include:
- Application of technical knowledge to accurately develop traffic signal design and ITS design plans
- Working with Project Manager to ensure that projects stay on schedule and budget
- Coordinating with other internal departments to deliver a complete plan set in the correct format accepted by the client
Staff Training duties will include:
- Assisting with development of internal training materials
- Developing “How-To” documents explaining how processes and software can be used effectively
Mentoring duties will include:
- Helping junior engineers learn the process of traffic signal designs and ITS designs
- Being available to answer questions from junior engineers as needed
- Troubleshooting issues that other engineers encounter during the design process
Please respond with your indication of interest and resume to email@example.com or upload your resume below.