Community Development Project Manager
Duluth, GA | Rock Hill, SC | Charleston, SC
“Collaboration By Design” is not just a tagline, it is the essential foundation of how Keck + Wood serves clients, improves communities, and strengthens its employees.
Founded in 1954, Keck + Wood, Inc. is a growing and dynamic employee-owned consulting firm with four offices in Georgia and South Carolina. Our 60+ employees serve Community Development, Transportation and Utility clients across the southeast by providing quality engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and land surveying.
The Community Development Project Manager positions in Duluth, Georgia, Rock Hill and Charleston, South Carolina are geared for professional engineers who want to make a difference in communities through private and public development / site design projects. As the foremost representative of Keck + Wood to the client, a Project Manager’s responsibilities are a blend of leadership, management, relationship building and mentoring. Project assignments in both Duluth and Rock Hill range from site development, parks & recreation, stormwater, bicycle & pedestrian facilities to community planning, and development plan reviews.
Keck + Wood Project Managers provide unsurpassed service and care as Trusted Advisors to their clients. We are looking for the following qualities from the right candidates:
Project Management duties will include:
- Prepare and manage scope, schedule and budget
- Actively coordinate with clients, consultants, and design staff
- Prepare & distribute monthly invoicing, progress reports, etc.
- Research & network with clients & consultants to position for future opportunities
- Attend conferences & participate in professional organizations
- Craft proposals which define scope, schedule, manhours & fee. Coordinate with sub-consultants on scope and fee
- Perform regular client visits and touchpoints
- Attend functions (when appropriate), and serve on committees with clients
- Assist clients with unforeseen needs that can help advance projects or initiatives
- Manage staff through annual reviews, pay adjustments and advancement
- Provide mentorship for less experienced staff & participate in company events
- Maintain sufficient backlog for staff utilization
The right candidate should have the following qualifications:
- BS Civil Engineering
- 7-10 years of experience as an A/E/C Project Manager
- 10+ years plus of experience in site development design
- Georgia and/or South Carolina PE certification required
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil3D & MS Office software
- Experience in parks & recreation, stormwater design, bicycle & pedestrian facility design is desirable
Project managers work primarily in the office but will occasionally travel to project sites for construction review and contract administration. Fieldwork may require working in inclement weather and walking extensively.
With our steady growth and “Pathways to Success” advancement mindset, the right candidate has incredible career potential at Keck + Wood. If today is the day to give your career the boost it needs, visit www.keckwood.com and submit your resume!